Katan


Hey there painteholics,

My Name is Simon Elsen aka Katan and you might know me from CradleofColours. I am in this hobby since 1999 and was mainly a player in the beginning. During the years I focused more and more on the creative part of the hobby. Since a few years I paint for competitions and showcases. In this time period I attended to several workshops from well known painters and sculptors like Roman Lappat (Jarhead), Raffaele Picca (picster), Ben Komets (White Rabbit), Christian Reckerth (Bestienmeister), Georg Damm ( GeOrc) and Matthias Zanders (Badsmile).


Since 2010 I am running the Blog CradleofColours (Discontinued) and joined 5th Dimension in late 2011. In the next years I want to focus on traveling the world to some well known painting competitions like the Duke of Bavaria and Games Days outside Germany.

Outside the Hobby I love to hang out with my friends, Go snowboarding in winter and swimming in summer ;D I am studying Design in my hometown Trier and finished my Bachelor Thesis in early 2013. I started my Master Thesis in Design in April 2013.

I am open for Commissions and projects. Just shoot me an email at katan@5-th-dimension.com and make shure to check out my Ebay Auctions once in a while.

Galleries
CMONCMON
5h-dimension Gallery
Flickr Gallery
Das Bemalforum - Workbench
Warpshadow Gallery
Gw-Fanworld Army Project

References
In this area I will provide a list of Awards I won or Books and Magazines which feature some of my work. I will post links if there is an external source in the web. Feel free to contact me if you see my work anywhere not listed here and I will update as soon as possible :)

GOLDEN DEMON & ARMIES ON PARADE
Golden Demon Germany 2011Silver - Warhammer Duell 
Golden Demon Germany 2010:  Bronze - Warhammer 40K Monster 
Warhammer 40.000 Armies on Parade 2013: Gold 

DUKE OF BAVARIA
Duke of Bavaria 2012: Silver - Fantasy Painting Standard

OTHER PAINTING CONTESTS
Ammon Miniatures Painting Contest: Bronze
Massive Voodoo Plastic Knight Challenge: Bronze

BOOKS AND MAGAZINES
Cool Mini or Not Annual Year Book 2011
Cool Mini or Not Annual Year Book 2010
Cool Mini or Not Annual Year Book 2009

White Dwarf Ausgabe #180 - December 2010 (Germany)
Tabletop Insider Ausgabe #10 - Mai/Juni 2013
Warhammer Visions #3 - 2014
Warhammer Visions #4 - 2014


FEATURED WORK AND PROJECTS
Games Workshop's "Whats new Today" 2012 May 03
Games Workshop's "Whats new Today" 2012 April 30
Games Workshop's "Whats new Today" 2012 April 24
Games Workshop's "Whats new Today" 2012 June 21
Games Workshop's "Whats new Today" 2013 February 20
Games Workshop's "Whats new Today" 2013 August 15

Workshops
1. 5th Dimension Workshop mit Katan in Trier (08.-09.09.2012)
2. 5th Dimension Workshop mit Katan in Trier (28.-29.09.2013) Review



No comments:

Post a Comment