Tutorial checkout #1 Instand Mold


Hi out there,

it's time to post the first tutorials checkout, Instand mold

I found the tutorial on CMON a few month ago. Instand mold is a nice tool to copy contours and simple items.

 I tryed to follow the tutorial step by step, exactly the same way like the man in the video.

- The first experience was using water slightly off the boil to softing the instand mold.
I used a normal electric kettle to head the water and filling it directly in a plastic bowl in addition to the mold.

- Becouse of the copyrights only self created or sculpted peaces allowed to copy. I build my seven different bases for an armee, and try to copy them with the instand mold. I used yellow milliput as putty.
 I was positive surprised of the result. I used the same molds for over 60 bases and the last base was accurate like the first one. The mold dosn't vary, dosn't brake, dosn't lose the details.

Experience:

- next time i build the bases cleaner. Every little crack would be copyed.
- it's importend to dose the putty correct. This is wat you get if you use to much putty.
-I had to rework all bases and cut ting off the excess sludge.

Closing words:

Instand mold is a perfect tool to copy easy forms like bases, Sholderarmoricons, Shieldemplems,etc.
You cant copy hole miniatures or complex items because the mold isn't flexible when its bonded,
also it isn't allowed.

Results:


 I would be delighted if you comment a school grade for the instand mold :-)


2 comments:

  1. If you want to safe a LOT of money, you dont buy instamold but glue sticks for hot glue guns. You might have to experiment with brands a little (pattex worked fine with me), but its basically the same thing - and works just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice tut.

    @ Zaphod: Thanks, its nice to know and I want to test it :).

    ReplyDelete